We are the premier pediatric dental care providers in the Bay Area. Your focus will be creating the best environment for any family that walks through the front doors. Our RDAs will perform all Registered Dental assisting duties in accordance with the rules and regulations of the California Dental Board.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome pediatric patients and parents in a comforting manner to prepare them for upcoming treatment/ hygiene/ exam visits
- Educate patients and family members in oral hygiene and preventive care
- Review dental treatment consent forms with parents
- Perform Prophylaxis for hygiene patients
- Place sealants for eligible patients
- Review the patient’s medical history with the parent
- Assist the dentist during a variety of pediatric dental treatment procedures including 4-handed dentistry
- Prepare cement, liners, and take impressions of the patient’s teeth.
- Take x-rays on pediatric patients, process and mount them correctly.
- Clean, sterilize, and set up hygiene and treatment trays.
- Stock, store, and take inventory of supplies and materials.
- Test and maintain equipment (sterilizer, y, x-ray processor, etc.)
- Ability to assist in patient scheduling
- Confidently discussing treatment recommendations with patients
- Write notes in practice management software
- Uphold OSHA Standards and Infection Control Protocol
- Team player and self-motivated
- Registered Dental Assistant licensed by the State of California.
- Coronal Polish Certification
- Radiation Safety Certification or completion of a radiation safety course approved
- Current BLS CPR Certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, GED.
- Ability to handle all patient information in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security standards.
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Docs, and other systems.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with parents, children, and co-workers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off, sick time
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement