Protect Your Enamel, Protect Your Teeth
This message from Bay Area Kids Dentist is about tooth enamel.
Tooth enamel is uniquely suited to protect your teeth. If you keep your tooth enamel healthy, you will avoid many oral ailments. You won’t get cavities. Your teeth will be less likely to chip or crack. You will avoid many causes of tooth stains.
It’s best to form enamel-healthy habits when you’re young.
Teach your child to protect their tooth enamel. There are a multitude of collateral health benefits as well.
For Healthy Tooth Enamel, Avoid The Following
- Eating Sticky Food. Gummy candy, protein bars, and dried fruit can break teeth.
- Chewing On Hard Foods. For example, beef jerky and pitted fruits.
- Grinding Teeth. If you grind your teeth, talk to us. Grinding can cause headaches, tooth damage, and gum recession. An appliance can guard your enamel.
- Drinking Anything Besides Water Frequently. If your teeth are awash in carbonated beverages (sugared or diet), juice, coffee, or sports drinks constantly, your enamel will suffer from the acids and sugar.
- Playing Sports Without a Mouthguard. Sports pose a major risk of tooth damage. Custom-fitted mouthguards from your dentist are more comfortable than the boil-and-bite type.
At Bay Area Kids Dentist we offer complete pediatric dentistry. Parents from Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, and Morgan Hill bring their youngsters to our practice for preventive dental care. Call for an appointment today!